Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Hobbit
I just finished reading the Hobbit to myself for the first time. I had never read it. The last time I heard it was when Dad read it out loud to our family. Sometimes it seemed wierd to be reading at my own pace, or sometimes I would hear Dad's voice for such and such a character. But nevertheless, without Dad reading it to me, I managed to finish it. In 3 days. Woot, as the cuz would say. It was so amazingly good! Tolkien is one of the best story writers that I've ever read. He creates a whole world filled with unadventurous hobbits who won't leave their holes unless Gandalf marks up their doors or sends them off without even one handkerchief. One of my favorite parts is when Gandalf takes the dwarves and Bilbo to meet Beorn. The well woven story entices Beorn to accept the 15 strangers into his home. Also, the encounter with Gollum is not over-rated; Tolkien is a master riddler.

4 comments:

Kelsie Handel said...

I agree about Tolkine

Kelsie Handel said...

Tolkien

Dorothy Plaza BSN, RN, DPP Master Trainer said...

The Hobbit is on of my favorite books. I think I like it more than The Lord of the Rings triolgy.

Erin said...

Same here Cristina! I really like the trilogy, but I loved The Hobbit.