Sunday, September 20, 2009

Jesse took me to see the movie Julie & Julia this afternoon. It was wonderful; I laughed, I cried, "it moved me, Bob". We walked home and discussed the 2 characters. Jesse called it a "Plutarch plot"; comparing 2 characters against each other. My favorite was Julia Child played by Meryl Streep, if only for the fact that she was protrayed as more feminine. I loved her cheerfulness and courage in the toughest times ("I am SO happy" and "well, I certainly was busy"). I feel like that is not me, but it's who I am becoming. Jesse loves me so much when I am strong, when I am couragous and thankful and contented. I strive for subduing my selfishness and taking dominion over my sin so that I may be 1)more God-like and, 2)more lovely for my husband.

I came home from the movie and read 3 cookbooks on cakes and eggs. Then I fried french bread in sausage grease, poached 2 eggs (for the first time in my life) and didn't poach a third (yuck.) and made a hollendaise sauce (also a new recipe for me). Jesse and I had our evening snackers and then he asked me to make French toast. He's a sucker for sweets and I'm a sucker for him. I made the French Toast.

This evening Jesse found 2 blogs by Julie Powell. The "salon" blog is the original blog which the book and latter the movie are based on. It's still on the web and comments have been made in the past recent months, but only fans are reading it now. Julie is currently posting on a blogspot. It's pretty good. Curse words are visible, however. View with a grain of salt and tongue in cheek.

http://juliepowell.blogspot.com/

http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/2002/08/25.html

1 comment:

The Goode Wife said...

I'm glad you got to see it! Isn't it a fun one? I enjoyed also.