Friday, June 30, 2006

Heat Wave
"This is my island in the sun ... oi! oi!" (Muppet Christmas Carol)Work has been hot this week. Quite hot, in fact sweltering. The first part of the week I was at the Potlatch store. Now it generally takes 3 to 4 hours to water all the plants. On hot days we have to water twice. We didn't do much else those days.

I worked in Moscow today. Boy, was it hot! I watered plants most of the day. Around 2:45 it was too hot in the sun, so I retreated to the limited shade of the trailer. I finished reading An Ideal Husband in the afternoon. I don't like it as much as The Importance of Being Ernest. Wilde is an excellent writer, but AIH is more drama than IBE. IBE is ridiculously funny, ubsurd and very witty. AIH is similar to Lady Widener's Fan; the plot revolves around someone who is blackmailed with a scandal.

Next on my list to read is Tolkien. It's time to read him again.

No comments: